Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I'm one Wild and Crazy Girl

Think Steve Martin here... SNL - A wild and crazy guy!

What does being a CHBM mean to me?

That’s the question this week on the Crazy Hip Blog Mama writing collaboration.

Well, I’m sure that I’ve got the Crazy nailed down, receiving a perfect “10” from the judges. (Hey, quiet down from the peanut gallery… I didn’t ask your opinion!)

Hip: I actually have two of them so that make me twice as applicable to the group.

Although there are countless reasons why I love blogging, there are a few that directly relate to blogging in this circle.

  • There are other mothers out there who are laughing with me at the reality of life.
  • Sometimes looking at another mother’s viewpoint really can slap me into shape and make me see beyond myself.
  • There are mothers out there with more “adventurous” children than my own and they haven’t killed them yet, so really I have no reason to do that to my own. They give me such inspiration...
  • I love the internet buddies that I’ve found through the site. Where else can you claim friendships and connections to women from coast to coast, from every age level, in all sorts of walks of life, with those who work and those who stay home, from those who have one child to those who have a handful. We are all making it up as we go along. I t’s nice to have others there to help with our brain block moments. And every single one of the mothers think that their child is the best. That’s some good healthy competition out there! (They shouldn’t feel so badly about their children coming in second place. Not to bad for them to be in the 99th percentile.)

Mama: When every other sentence and every other minute is punctuated by that title, I think I have earned it. And that doesn't just apply to my children’s words. Mr. Right refers to me as Mom, as in “Go ask Mom” and I wear the title proudly when I am “____’s (insert one of my children’s name) Mom.”

I feel that it is a great place to let it all hang out, let my hair down and keep touch on the pulse of motherhood and womanhood. And really it's cheaper than therapy.

As an added bonus, I don’t have to apologize for my thoughts and words because they are mine. If you don’t like them, "Well, excuuuuuuuuuuse me!"

Labels: