Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Finally Gibee... I am doing the meme

About forever ago, I was tagged by Gibee at Kisses of Sunshine to do this tag. Being a woman of my word, if not timely, I will now commence my THIRD meme… And yes I now have a 4th to complete from Shannon… But I asked for it, so you really can’t blame her.

(I’m feeling mischievous today, so there is no telling what the answers will be. They may change from day to day. These are the ones that work for me today. If I filled it out two days from now, the answers may be different.)

What is your favorite word? I really love the word “sex”, mostly when used in a sentence by Mr. Right, as in “Let’s have sex!”

(I bet I just lost half the readers with that one. Let me check the Sitemeter… Yep, several readers gone after 3.8 seconds. For those of you still here, I’m forging on…)

What is your least favorite word? Leftovers or Brussels sprouts… it’s a toss up.

What turns you on spiritually, creatively, emotionally?
Spiritually: A really good lesson or reading scriptures and finding things for the first time. For example, when reading through John 12, I discovered for the first time that the chief priests planned to kill Lazarus as well because he had been raised from the dead? Or that Judas Iscariot was the money keeper for the disciples and he was called a thief because he helped himself to the purse for his own personal gain? (12:6) Or the reason that Jesus told the demons to be quiet and to not tell who he really was was to fulfill the scriptures in Isaiah? (Mark 1:25 and 34) Or the disciples, after watching first hand and gathering the remains from the feeding of the 5,000 still doubted and pondered how Jesus was going to feed another 4,000? Or when Jesus healed the man with Legion in him, he told him to go and tell how much God had done for him and the man went and told how much Jesus had done for him (inferring that God and Jesus were the same)? (Luke 8:39)

It’s as if God has opened my eyes to scriptures and I am seeing things for the first time.

Creatively: Well, I don’t really feel as if I am creative. I can’t even tell a joke all that well. See
here for proof. Go read it…I’ll wait. Did you notice that there isn’t a single comment on it? Not one laugh or anything. That is so disappointing when I think something is funny or creative and everyone just stares at me as if I have horns coming out of my head. You don’t really want to look, but you can’t help it… Mr. Right disagrees with me on this opinion about myself. So, I would have to say that when I see a really good dish, I like to replicate it and make it better if possible. Will that qualify for creativity? If not, then I like to sing songs that go along with what is going on in the situation. For example, my kids are looking all over for a toy they want and I start singing U2’s “But I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” song.

Emotionally: An honest, open heart and all those hallmark commercials… I’m like a water tap with those!

What turns you off?
Spiritually: Gossipmongers/troublemakers and those who claim to love Christ, but show no desire to make the necessary changes to live as if they love Him

Creatively: Not being able to replicate said dish!

Emotionally: Someone not accepting me for who I am and trying to change me

What’s your favorite curse word? I say “fooey”, “My lands” and “Good Night Nurse!” when things just need to be exasperated. (I have been known to say worse… The stories on that will be coming soon.)

What sound or noise do you love to hear?
Sound: Mr. Right gently waking me up, while holding a cup of steaming coffee
Noise: My kids climbing into the bed for some morning snuggles and spooning.

What noise or sound do you hate?
Sound: “Uh oh! MOM!!!...”
Noise: The cash register going on and on and on, indicating that there will be no money in my checking account until the following payday. (And even then, there won’t really be any money to spend on things that are fun!) That or a power saw grinding.

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Back up singer to Mercy Me or Faith Hill or Sting or someone fun sounding like that.

What profession would you not like to do? Abortion Clinic Doctor

If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say at the pearly gates? Well since I KNOW that heaven does exist, I have hope that God will say (after hugging me of course) “Welcome home Shalee. Let me show you to your room and then we’ll go party with the angels! Oh, and your brother Jesus has been just dying to see you!”

Whew. Another one done! That was way harder than I thought it would be, but still quite a bit of fun!

Alrighty then, it’s my turn to name a few. I again tag Susanne who is
Living to tell the Story, but you will have to go to her new blog to read it (unless she wants to use my comments for old time sake… Nah!), Lori, aka Pezmama, at Ratting Around because she often makes milk come out my nose – and I’m not drinking any (nor am I lactating!), and Kate from The Tate School because there is one lady with who charms my socks off.

Labels: ,