Wednesday, July 19, 2006

WFMW - Cleaning with Free Stuff

So I was so excited about doing this WFMW about this little cleaner, Clorox Anywhere, when I pop over to Antique Mommy's place and see that she has stolen my idea! Well, since she doesn't do the WFMW, I'm just going to continue on as if she just stepped out of the room to get yet another cup of coffee and act as if she knows nothing of this product. But if you want to read a really good review from a germ-blasting momma, go check her out.

Now for my opinion...

I received an email a little over a month ago from Clorox, asking if I would try out a new product... for free. Well, they had me at free, so of course I said yes. But I did give the warning that I would give my true opinion about the product. They seemed pretty confident about my liking it and took me up on my offer.

They sent me a large, in-the-store size of this Clorox Anywhere Hard Surface Daily Sanitizing Spray. After reading through everything I thought, "So what is it for? Does it clean? Is it a sanitizer? Will it really be something I want in my cleaning arsenal?"

After deliberating on it for a while, by a while I mean a week and then trying to scour the internet for some help, I ventured into the area of use. It's not a cleaning agent, like when you want to scrub out the sink. The "Clorox" was throwing me off and I had to think of it differently. But what I did find is that I really like using it in a "finisher" capacity. But you do have to get it in your head that this is not a cleaning solution! This is the daily touchup after your cleaning. It is made solely to KILL BACTERIA!

Not a bad thought when you consider it.

Here's some of what the documentation said about the Clorox Anywhere:
  • It is gentle as Water
  • It is SAFE to use around Kids & Pets & Food
  • It kills 99.9% of bacteria on hard, non-porous surfaces
  • It needs NO RINSING
  • It can be used on ANY hard, non-porous surface
  • It is stable for up to a year

The one that catches my eye the most? NO RINSING! I love that I can just spray and walk away. That's right, no rinsing and no wiping - just spray and go. This is going to make my cleaning time so much easier...

And where can you use it? Well, since it is not harmful to kids, pets, husbands (so I cannot be used in this capacity), here are some places that it can be used:

  • Countertops
  • Dish Racks
  • High Chairs
  • High Chair
  • Trays
  • Garbage Cans
  • Light Switches
  • Lunch Boxes
  • Pet Bowls
  • Plastic Cutting Boards
  • Silverware
  • Tables
  • Banisters / Finished Wood
  • Bars
  • Barbecue Grills
  • Blinds
  • Bathtubs
  • Cars
  • Doorknobs
  • Faucets
  • Toilet exteriors
  • Toothbrush Holders
  • Countertops
  • Cups
  • Dining Room Tables
  • Doorknobs
  • Doors
  • Floors
  • Grocery Carts
  • Hampers
  • Handrails
  • Keyboards
  • Kiddie Pools
  • Light Switches
  • Litter Boxes
  • Medicine Droppers
  • Microwave Ovens
  • Range Tops and Hoods
  • Rattles
  • Recycling Bins
  • Refrigerators
  • Plastic Furniture
  • Playpens
  • Potty Chairs
  • Showers
  • Shower Curtains
  • Shower Doors
  • Shower Walls
  • Sinks
  • Soap Dispensers
  • Stovetops
  • Thermoses
  • Toasters
  • Trays
  • Walls
  • Washing Machines
  • Windowsills
  • Baby Toys
  • Breast Pumps
  • Changing Tables
  • Diaper Pails
  • Strollers

Mindnumbing, isn't it? Basically, I should have said anywhere, on any hard surface, you could possibly think might have germs and all the ones you can't think of, too. There are so many more places that you could use this handy dandy little spray. Plus, it is portable, so you can just throw a bottle into your car/babybag and have it with you for when you need it - which is anytime (hence the name Clorox Anywhere - brilliant, huh?)

I forsee using this very often come colds season. Oh yes, my kids had better not sit still for too long. They may get spritz, along with everything they may touch...

So I give this product a big two thumbs up, and I think you will too. But if you leave them up long enough, I may spray them... just in case.

So finding a new way to keep my family from getting sick really works for me. (Plus not having to pay so many doctor bills due to germs. That's like the extra bonus.)

For some truly "wow" ideas, head on over to Shannon's and find some other things that may just Work For You.

Labels: ,