Wednesday, November 08, 2006

WFMW - Bacon

On Saturday, when we do our big breakfast, we like to rotate our artery clogging selections. One of the things that we love to eat, but I hate to clean up after, is bacon. So I got wise and realized that I can cook the bacon in the oven.

I use my large cookie sheet and lay out several pieces. I can usually fit 10 to 12 on the sheet. I put it in a preheated oven (400 degrees) and cook them for 8 to 12 minutes, depending on how thick the slices are. (We prefer the thinner sliced bacon, but since I buy it in a pack, I usually don't have a choice on that.)

Even if I have to cook a second batch, I've got the first ready in very little time and the second batch can sizzle while I'm slurping coffee and chomping on waffles, pancake, omlettes, etc.

In my cleanup time, I only have one pan to wash and no bacon grease to wipe off of everything.

And less time in the kitchen, definitely works for me.

Head to Shannon's for some tips to make your life so much easier.

Labels: