Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Finding the I in iPod

I saw this iPod meme at Clare's Dad.

I love how Darren describes this particular meme. "In this one, you use your iPod to generate random answers to questions. It’s kind of like Mad Libs meets the Magic 8 Ball."  That's just brilliant.  Not to mention that he got Clare to watch a bit of Star Wars by telling her that it had a princess in it.  That man is a parenting genius is what I'm thinking...

Here are the instructions:

1. Put your music player on shuffle.
2. Press forward for each question.
3. Use the song title as the answer to the question.
4. NO CHEATING.  

(I answered these while sitting next to Mr. Right.  He will completely testify to the accuracy of the answers.  Mr. Right?

Mr. Right: She wasn't cheating.
Me: Thanks, Babycakes!)

I'm including my thoughts by some of the answers because to be honest, this meme had me giggling like crazy all the way through it.)

Q: What does next year have in store for you?
A: Take On Me by a-ha (If I have enough time and energy, you got it.)

Q: What does your love life look like next year?
A: Stranger To Myself by Jude Cole (Oh how true that will be!)

Q: What do you say when life gets hard?
A: I'll Dream Of You Again by Harry Connick, Jr. 

Q: Song that reminds you of good times?
A: Vibeology by Paula Abdul (Awkward, yet fitting)

Q: What do you think when you get up in the morning?
A: Who Am I by Casting Crown (Seriously, this one had me giggling enough that Mr. Right had to ask what it was that was making me laugh.)

Q: What song will you dance to at your wedding?
A: Painter Song by Norah Jones (The funny thing is that Mr. Right was an art professor when I married him.  He loved to draw, sculpt and - you got it - paint. Appropriate, no?

Q: Song that reminds you of your first kiss?
A: Mony Mony by Billy Idol (First dance more likely...)

Q: Your favorite saying?
A: All I Need by Jack Wagner (is a pay raise, is a nap, is a day to stay home and read, is a little more faith, is to lose a couple of pounds, is a date with Mr. Right - the list could go on and on... I really need to learn to be content.)

Q: Favorite place?
A: Mystify by INXS

Q: Most Missed Memory?
A: Water Music: Allegro-Andante-Da capo- Allegro No. 3 by George Frideric Handel (Strangely enough, I love this music.  I truly wish I could have been around when it was presented for the first time.)

Q: What song describes your best friend?
A: If It Don't Take Two by Shania Twain (HA!  It thought it fit.)

Q: What song describes your ex?
A: Here Comes the Big Parade by Harry Connick, Jr.

Q: Where would you go on a first date?
A: Let's Just Kiss by Harry Connick, Jr. (If that's not appropriate for my first date with Mr. Right, then I don't know what was!)

Q: Drug of choice?
A: The Power of Love by Huey Lewis and The News (Amen.)

Q: What song describes yourself?
A: How Great Thou Art by Hugh Robertson (I actually cried a bit from all the laughter that ensued from this answer.  I think it's a great answer, if I do say so myself.  Of course, You're So Vain by Carly Simon probably would have fit just as well.)

Q: What is the thing you like doing most?
A: Any Man of Mine by Shania Twain (reread this answer very slowly...  It made me hoot and holler a bit more than the previously Q & A...  Golly is that ever the most perfect answer!)

Q: The song that best describes the president?
A: Dive by Steven Curtis Chapman 

Q: Where will you be in 10 years?
A: King of Wishful Thinking by Go West (Much like I am now... I can't see that changing in the next 10 years.)

Q: Your love life right now?
A: Better Days by Faith Hill (Mr. Right looked at that song and said, "How sad!"  I looked at it and said, "Well, I read it as saying that you make them better days with you in them."  He liked the answer then.)

Q: What is your state of mind like at the moment?
A: Blue In Green by Miles Davis (I can't tell you how pleased I am with that abstract answer of a song.)

Q: How will you die?
A: Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of by U2 (Won't we all be. Won't we all.)

I have to tell you, this meme was probably the one with which I've had the most fun.  I tag you all!  Just let me know if you play along so that I can laugh at the way your iPod has you pegged too.

Labels: ,