Friday, January 25, 2008

Four (Or So) Things

Not long ago, Sister Honey Bunch tagged me for the memes of 4.  I kept thinking that it sounded really familiar, so when I went back to my archives, I found this post.  Rather than reinvent the wheel, I'm going to just repost it* here.  It was ever so interesting to go back and read not only the post, but the comments as well.  Fun stuff... well to me anyway.

* with a few changes/additions/updates

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally published March 10, 2006

I've been tagged. So here goes… if you feel comfortable doing so, post a comment giving answers about you because we all enjoy learning something about our buds!

Four jobs you've had in your life

  1. Development Officer at a college
  2. Barnes and Noble – made it to manager, then quit because they threw me in with no training and expected me to work like a dog for nothing and still make plan... best thing I ever did was quit - although I still miss being around and reading all those books!
  3. Executive Assistant (if I don't get fired for yesterday's posting...)
  4. Mom – longest held job to date (lousy pay, but the benefits are to die for!)

Four movies that you would watch over and over

  1. Lord of the Rings trilogy
  2. Return to Me
  3. A & E’s Pride and Prejudice (Six magnificent hours of a beautiful Jane Austen book... I usually watch it in 2 hour intervals over 3 days. I would go all six if everyone would leave me alone, but it's usually "Momma, Momma Momma" this or "Honey" that.)
  4. Philadelphia Story, When Harry Met Sally, While You Were Sleeping, Always, Better Off Dead, Sense and Sensibilities, The Matrix and anything by M Night (Okay, that is more than 4, but hey, it’s my blog – I can bend the rules if I want to!)

Four places you've lived

  1. Memphis, TN
  2. Bremerton, WA
  3. York, NE
  4. Overland Park, KS

Four TV shows that you love to watch (or used to watch)

  1. Moonlighting
  2. Law & Order (oldies)
  3. Cosby Show
  4. Greatest American Hero
  5. You Can’t Do That On Television – Nickelodeon (I loved it when they got slimed for saying “I don’t know”)
  6. Max Headroom
  7. The Tomorrow People – cool when I was a kid!
  8. Football in the fall, winter!

(Can you tell that I don’t watch much of anything in the present?)

Four places you've been on vacation

  1. Jamaica (honeymoon ~ Woo hoo!)
  2. Beaver Creek, CO
  3. Memphis, TN
  4. Florida
  5. Hawaii
  6. Smokey Mountains

Four websites you visit daily

  1. My blog… Hey, I still like seeing my name in lights (I'm sooo vain!! Besides, many of my links are there.)
  2. www.google.com
  3. www.woot.com (Too funny to see what will be for sell next! They sell one thing all day. When it is sold out, it is sold out. They post something else at 12 AM CST the next night... unless of course there is a woot off! Then it's catch as catch can mayhem... I just want one of there bag o' crap... you'll have to visit to see why.)
  4. Antique Mommy , f-stop steve (great photoblog), Rocks in my Dryer… Just go down the list on the side of my blog. I need to update it because there are others that I visit that are saved in my favorites. 
(Yes to all the links above - well, except f-stop... f-stop WHERE ARE YOU?, but I would add Bloglines to my list too.  There are too bloggers to list that I visit daily, even if I can't comment on Blogger blogs - STUPID WORK FILTER!)

Four of your favorite foods

  1. Chinese
  2. Italian
  3. My homemade mac ‘n cheese
  4. (Most) Anything that someone else is buying!

Four places you would rather be right now

  1. home reading a book
  2. beach
  3. Italy – for a first time visit
  4. having a cuppa with Antique Mommy – (She probably thinks I’m deranged, but I could see just having such a great time in her company.) (I was totally right.  She is fabulous company that I hope to enjoy many times in the years to come.)

Five people I’m tagging

  1. Joyful Days
  2. Jean
  3. Maggie
  4. Ornery's Wife
  5. Laura

Labels: ,