Monday, January 09, 2006

Candid Camera

I love getting photos from friends. It takes me back to a time when I was having fun, to a time when someone else was taking pictures, or to a time when I didn’t concern myself with how I looked.

Such as with this picture…
This pic by Liz was taken at the Young Family Christmas party; she got her Christmas present early and was trying it out for the first time. Big two thumbs up to Liz!

See now, if I had known pictures were going to be taken, I might have done something with the hair.

I might have sat in a “less butt” position.

Make-up would have been nice…

I wouldn’t have changed my picture partner, though. (Isn’t he a handsome man? Sigh… heart flutters… He always enhances any picture I am in!)

Another great thing about this photo is that the smile is real. We were having a great time at the party and by the end of it, at the “White Elephant” exchange, we were blessed to come out with two nice gifts. Dinner at Carrabbas and $10 to Target… Date time and money for toilet paper! What could possibly be better? (Yeah they’re both spent already. I can’t hang on to gift cards long.)

Most of my pictures are “what you see is what you get.” If you want better pictures, go buy a Vogue or Elle. They have good fake pictures for the picking.
You usually will only get “Down Home” girl with me, which is the way I like it. Besides it is a whole lot easier to keep up that facade.