Friday, April 21, 2006

See the Art in Me

Before you read my post, let me thank you all for your generous support, advice and prayers with our son. Sometimes you just need reassurance or a different point of view when training up a child in the way he should go.

Now so that you will know (again) that God hears the prayers of faith: The boy had a great day yesterday. As I was going to pick him up from Y-care, I was praying that I wasn't going to hear any bad reports. When I walked in, I must have had a look of "Oh please, oh please, oh please" on my face because the head of the afterschool care, looked up at me, smiled and gave a little nod to say everything was A-OK for the day. She then specifically praised his good behavior. I did too. When asked about kindergarten that day, he said that he was good at school and his teacher didn't need to write his name on the board at all! At that we had a little dance for him!







This is too cute: At prayer time I asked about what he wanted to talk with God. He said he wanted to pray about being good and to make good choices and for God to help him learn how to read and say "really big words." Yep, he's already on to bigger worries.

Anyway, I just wanted to put the heartfelt thanks and hugs out to each and everyone of you. I know God is on my side, it's just nice to know that you are too.

Now for the real post....


Just look at the pictures.










































How do they take something so seemingly useless and ugly...





























































































and turn it into such beautiful objects to behold?

Now there’s a God lesson if I ever heard one…

The artist is Heather Jansch.

Labels: