Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Jeana: Boy are you going to be sorry you asked me to do this meme...

Accent: I grew up in Tennessee for the most part, but my dad was in the Navy (♫ In the Navy, Yes, you can sail the seven seas…♫), so I moved around a very little bit. I don’t know why I don’t have a strong accent being that I lived in TN almost my entire childhood. (The first thing my mother-in-awe in Nebraska said to me was, “Oh, she doesn't have an accent. I was hoping she would have one.”) But Mr. Right can always tell when I am on the phone with a friend from the south because I get this drawl that somehow mysteriously appears. And it can’t be that hidden because I met on of my daughter’s friend’s mom and she said, “Where are you from? You have an accent.” I guess, like the rest of me, the accent is full of indecision.

Bible Book that I like: Mine because I have lots of notes and underlined parts that really talked to me at different times in my life; plus it has my name on it. If I had to pick an actual book, I would say James because it is very practical and applicable and Esther because I love the way that God is controlling every aspect without His presence being mentioned. (Did you ever notice that Esther would make a block-buster hit; it has action (Jews defending themselves), love (family – Esther and Mordecai, marriage – Esther and Xerxes), sex (hello, Esther is chosen to be in a harem and she was chosen by Xerxes because she “pleased” him), a villain (Haman), a heroine (Esther) and twisting, hold your breath plot filled with irony and humor. You didn’t notice it? Go read it again. You’ll see…)

Chore that I don’t care for: Bathroom duties… every stinking (literally) day. Ugh. (Seriously, if you have any suggestions after reading the bathroom post, I would love to hear them.)

Dog or Cat: Neither. Mr. Right, the girl and the boy all have allergies. I would love to have a dog, but the kids would have to learn the meaning of care and responsibility before that could happen. But Miss Sneaky Pants, out of the blue, asked me a couple of week ago: “Mom, do you think that I am a responsible person?” To which I replied, “Yeah, for the most part you are. You have to be reminded of some things but you accept your tasks without grumbling and you usually try your best on all of them.” To which she smiled and replied, “Then can I have a puppy?” I foresee one in our future…

Essential Electronics: Computer. Okay, I admit it; I like watching movies and football too, so TV and DVD player. And a coffee pot with a pause and serve because sometimes you cannot get your first cup fast enough.

Favorite Cologne: Remember that indecision problem I have? Here it comes again. I like Eternity for Women, Mackey, and all kinds of Victoria’s Secret/Bath and Body Works lotions (Sweet Pea comes to mind…)

Gold or Silver: As if I would turn down any jewelry based on color/metal… If it glitters, I’ll take it, especially if it’s real.

Handbag I Carry most often: I don’t like purses that much. I usually carry a very small black purse that doesn't hold much – cell phone, debit card, pen and maybe lip balm. Yeah, I’m all about looking good.

Insomnia: Hereditary… and I have MVP so it’s a given. As my mom says, “Hey, I figure that I’ll catch up on my sleep when I’m dead.”

Job Titles: Christian, Honey, Mom, Friend, Blogger, Housekeeper, Activity Scheduler, Crisis Manager, Counselor, Prayer Warrior, Mediator, Bill Payer, Chef, Bathroom Keeper, Ole Yeller (not because of color I assure you), Doubter, Comedian/Jokester and Executive Assistant (not always in that order)

Kids: One beautiful, smart, creative, want-to-be-just-like-mom daughter and one handsome, energetic, can’t-aim-if-his-life-depended-on-it son


















Living Arrangements:












My humble home... God has been very good to us. There's even a guest room for visitors. (Hint hint)

Most Admirable Trait: Mr. Right answered this one for me. He said my soft heart – that I really care about other people. (I had to get him in a headlock before he gave me an answer I could use…)

Naughtiest childhood behavior: I was definitely a brat being the baby of the family, but I was also “a good girl.” I didn’t do much that was against the rules. I was getting married before I realized that I was in the perfect room for sneaking out… I’m such a dunce.

I did however have one major naughty incident: My friend Jamie, who was much more of a loose cannon that me, and I were out driving one night. All the sudden she stops the truck, turns to me and says, “We need to pull off those flashing lights on the blockades.” I stuttered, said there was no way I could do that – it’s just wrong!, and gaped as she bounded out to the sawhorse. I gave in and ran and twisted and twisted the stupid blinking light… But deep down I had this bit of glee that I was doing something “not allowed”. After several minutes of twisting, grunting and worrying that someone would drive by and catch us in the act, the light came off. (Jamie’s never did come off. The really stick those puppies on there!) We ran back to the truck and took off. I snuck into the house with it and took it to my room, looking at my act of vandalism.

Of course the guilt set in immediately, so until I could figure out what to do with it, I shoved it into my closet and got ready for bed, figuring out of sight, out of mind and I’ll deal with it tomorrow. I crawled into bed, doused the light and tried to sleep, but this flashing light kept bothering me… Oh, no… the police have already found me and I’m going to go to jail over this first act of rebellion. What was I thinking!!! Wait, that light is coming from the closet. Oh man, the light works on a sensor, turning on when it’s dark. Great, now my parents are going to catch me instead. I piled all my dirty laundry, which was a lot since I was in charge of my own laundry, on top of it and went to sleep. A week later after worrying about it, I figured out how to get it out of the house undetected and into a dumpster. When I pulled it out, it wasn’t working anymore. I swore never to do anything like that again. I am such the rebel without a cause… or backbone for illegal activities.

Overnight hospital stay: Two c-sections and a bout of something in my gut that sent me to the emergency room in pain

Phobias: Besides getting caught for the flashing warning light incident? Isn’t that enough? Okay, since I am a small (5’2”), petite (100 lbs) woman, I don’t like to be in crowded places. I feel that I will be trampled or crushed or just can’t breath. Also, there’s the ocean thing… It’s just so VAST! (Ironically, I have no problems going on a cruise or flying over the ocean. I just don’t want to be shark bait swimming in the ocean.)

Quotes: I love quotes, but mine are mainly from movies. I have too many to name, so I’ll just give you a few.

Princess Bride: “Incontheivable!” “Aaaaaaaaaaas Youuuuuuuuuuuuu Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish” I do not sink that means what you sink that means.”

Always: “Right rudder. Right Rutter.” “He's too beautiful. He's too much twisted steel and sex appeal. I can't be with a guy that looks like I won him in a raffle.”

When Harry Met Sally: “Waiter, there is too much pepper on my paprikash.”

Pride and Prejudice (A & E): “"She is tolerable I suppose, but she's not handsome enough to tempt me". (Said by Lizzy imitating Darcy) “You have no compassion for my poor nerves!” “And yet I am unmoved.” “This is all very vexing!”

While You Were Sleeping: “I don't drink anymore... I don't drink any less, either!” “He was a lot like me, brown hair, flat chest.” “Because it looks like he's *leaning.*” “Oooo These mash potatoes are so creamy.” (Basically the whole dinner scene)

Sense and Sensibility: “I am the soul of discretion.” “Oh… Please don't say anything important 'til I come back.”

Better Off Dead: “I want my two dollars!” “Go zat way, really fast. If zomething gets in your way, turn.”

Napoleon Dynamite: “Gosh!” “Lucky.” “Heck yeah.” “Napoleon, give me some of your tots.”

See, don’t get me started. I can’t stop. I really like Pooh Bear quotes too.

“There’s a rumbly in my tumbly.” And “I am a bear of very little brains and long words bother me.”

Religion: Micah 6:8 “He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.”

And Luke 10:27 “He answered: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

That. That’s what I believe and am striving to do each day.

Siblings: 1 brother, 4 years older than me, who I don’t know very well, who has great taste in people. (Gina was one of my best friends in HS. I so approved of his choice.)

Time I wake up: 5:30 on weekdays; 7 AM (if I’m blessed to make it that long) on weekends. (Usually I wake up early and stare at Mr. Right until he wakes up “on his own” too.

Unusual Talent or skill: I can pick up things with my toes, I can read like lightening, I have an uncanny talent at sticking either foot in my mouth on any ocassion, and I can touch my tongue to my nose. (Do not confuse the first and last talents…)

Vegetable I refuse to eat: Brussels’ sprouts and plain cooked spinach or greens

Worst habit: Just one? Good night nurse – this list could go on longer than the quotes! How about finishing other people’s sentences. I get so busted on that! It’s wrong and rude and high thinking of me to think that I am clairvoyant like God.

X-rays: I never dated a guy named Ray. Sorry.

Yummy stuff I cook: “Not that I’ve thought about it, but my friends have said…” I make the best baked potatoes, the finest black bean dish, the greatest potato salad, a mean lasagna, meatloaf that should have a place in heaven and a pies that kick butt patooty. Of course I made tacos last night and the kids said I was the best cook in the entire world, so it’s all points of view…

Zoo animal I like most: Polar bears… I could watch them for hours. Or until my kids pull me by the hand to “move along.”

I tag Susanne of course (you know the drill), Ken from the voice from the edge of forever and Antique Mommy because she doesn't have enough to do with a toddler and writing the answers for her up and coming MOTW at CHBM. You go AM!

Labels: ,