Thursday, November 09, 2006

Bedtime Story

So I was tucking my son into bed last night and I started to just sit on the bed to talk with him.

Boy: Mommy, will you lay down with me this time and sing?

Me: Of course I will. I love that you want me to be beside you!

I start to get in and the boy starts to scooch over.

Boy: I have to move over a lot because, you know... you're just a bit fat.

Just a bit fat? I stare at him, not knowing whether to bean him or to laugh. It was like a deer in the headlights moment. Then he decided to elaborate.

Boy: Not fat like this (and he holds his hand way out over his stomach), but fat like this (and he holds his hands out to his side).

Me: Oh, because I'm wider than you.

Boy: Yeah, you're just wider fat.

Sometimes, I just want to leave the nighttime routine to Mr. Right. And perhaps I should start that exercise routine again...

Peace out from the Wider Fat Mommy.

Labels: