Sunday, September 23, 2007

Suddenly, I'm Feeling Bookish...

There are so many things I love about Fall.

· Fires in the fireplace

· Apple Pie

· Football

· Apple Cider

· Hayrides

· Apple Dumplings

· Crispness in the air

· Apple Crisp

· Sweaters

· Apple Fritters

· Reading

Oh ho! Days of Reading have come at last! Katrina at Callapidder Days has got the reading going on once again. And might I just say that it's just in time. Whew. I thought it would never get here!









I know y’all are all on the edge of your seats to hear what I’m going to read this season. THE EDGE OF YOUR SEATS, I tell you. (Here is where you scoot forward to the edge just to humor me, okay?) Now without further ado, here is my (almost) final list.

(Trumpets sound: Tooo too too toooooo)

1. The Family Tree by Carole Cadwalladr

2. The Woods by Harlan Coben

3. The Last Wife of Henry VIII by Carolly Erickson

4. Thursday Next in first among sequels by Jasper Fforde

5. Mary Queen of Scotland and the Isles by Margaret George

6. The Bible (Psalms - Songs of Solomon) by God

7. Out To Canaan by Jan Karon

8. A Girl Named Zippy by Haven Kimmel

9. A Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine L’Engle

10. Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh (Thanks Barb!!!)

11. The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffernegger (THE best work of contemporary fiction in the last 5 years)

12. The Patron Saint of Liars by Ann Pachett

13. The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart

14. Happiness Sold Separately by Lolly Winston

15. The Book Thief by Markus Zarkus

Whew! That list should be enough to keep me out of trouble for a couple of weeks or 12… Hmmm, we’ll see.

I think I can pull off one more: What book would you think I absolutely MUST read (while I’m eating apple pie cake, of course)?

Labels: