Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Food for Thought… Or For Dinner

Well, I made reference to one of our dinners, and a few of you have asked for the recipe. I am more than happy to oblige. Being a regular Julia Childs, well without the weight, training or tv show, I am thrilled to instruct you in the making of this meal.

But I have to warn you: only read on if you like an easy, cheap recipe to make for your dinner.

You’re still here?

Well, then, let’s get cookin’.

Mandarin Orange Broccoli Chicken

4 uncooked boneless chicken breast – cut into pieces
2 Tsp olive oil
2 cans Campbell’s cream of broccoli soup
1 large can (or two small cans) mandarin oranges – drained, reserve juice
½ c milk
¼ tsp pepper

Over medium heat, place oil into hot pan. Place chicken into oil. Brown chicken.

In bowl, mix soup, juice from oranges, milk and pepper.

Pour over browned chicken. Reduce heat. Simmer 10 minutes. Add oranges. Stir.

Serve over rice. (Please cook it. I don't want you coming back saying, "I liked it, but man it was murder on my teeth.")

Unlike my son, I think the rice and gravy tastes really good. We usually eat this meal with peas and brown-n-serve rolls, but hey, go wild. It’s your meal. The nice thing about this recipe is that you can adjust it to feed as many or as few people as you want. (When it was just Mr. Right and me, I used one or two chicken breast and cut everything in half. When we had company, I just doubled it to the meal you see today.)

If you like this easy meal, I’ve got many more where that came from.

All right, I shared mine. You share one of your favorite things to eat. (That way when we get together, I’ll be sure at least to cook something that you’ll eat at the table.)

Bon appétit! (Oh, and let me know if your family liked it too!)

Labels: