Monday, October 02, 2006

My Life: In 30 Seconds Or Less

So Mr. Right and I were watching tv (it must have been a football game), when they played this Sonic's commercial about their new peach smoothie. It's the one where the wife takes a sip and says all this stuff about the peach smoothie and then the husband repeats all the same words like it was his own idea. The wife looks at the husband and says "Honey, I just said that the Peach Smoothie is made with real peaches and yogurt and that it's a great way to get all your calcium." Then husband looks at her and says that he just said all that stuff about the smoothie and she must not have been listening - that things usually go in one ear and out the other.

While this commercial is playing, I turn to Mr. Right and tell him something, when he turns to me and repeats all the info back at me as a new and original thought.

I looked at him and said, "I don't know why they're wasting time with that couple. We've got a pretty good show of your repeating me right here! You are so that man," pointing at the tv.

He smiled sheepishly and said, "I just repeated everything you said, right?" Then we looked at the end of the commercial and we busted out laughing.

Great. I used to think that a lot of my life would make a great two and a half hour movie. Now it can be summed up in 30 second commercials. No wonder I feel like it is quickly passing me by...

Labels: