Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Seasons Eating

I was sitting here eating and working and eating and looking for some cookies that I've got stashed away somewhere and munching on some pretzels and thinking, "Good Night Nurse! What is going on with me?! I'm like a bottomless pit lately." Okay... maybe not so "bottomless" if you catch my drift, but goodness - I just can't feel full!

Then I remembered a post way back when... you know, way back when no one was reading me. I know that no one was reading me because I typically had zero comments... the big O, na da, nilch, the goose egg, the big donut... donut? Oh, I'd love a big, chocolate covered cake donut right now with a big cup of coffee (free sample from Folgers would make it even better...) oh sorry - where was I? Oh yeah, no action on the talking to the cook...

Anyway, it may be old, but it still applies to me. Maybe to you too now that you'll actually read it...

Maybe not.

Either way? I'm still feeling the need to prepare for winter...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Call Me Squirrely

Call me squirrely. Okay I’m sure that I am it applies the way you’re thinking, too, but that isn’t actually what I meant.


I mean that I think I am turning into a squirrel. I find myself stuffing my cheeks as far as they will stretch and still looking for more to eat. It’s like my body has decided that food will be running short all winter long, and I need to pack on the pounds to make it through the winter.

If it can be eaten, I will snap it up, munch on it and store it away for future use. Okay, that use will probably be sitting around and eating more food, but it will be put to good use! I mean you have to have enough energy to lift the fork… (work with me here…)

And when you look in my desk, I have all sorts of goodies packed in drawers. Popcorn, granola bars, mandarin oranges, tuna… I had Pop Tarts, but they, ummm… mysteriously disappeared. Hey they were Chocolate Fudge! You can’t expect them to last very long around me! The point is that I am like a squirrel, hiding food all over the place so that I can retrieve it at a later time.

It won’t help me that Leisa, one of my coworkers, is a baker. She says she loves to bring in homemade goodies. Great… More stuff that I won’t be able to keep my hands off.

So it seems as if my body is just trying to match my mentality. I think I’ll be fine… as long as I stay away from trees. They are starting to look like a pretty comfortable place to live…



Photo: Don't try this at home.

(Okay, the funny thing about this picture was that I was stuffing my face with popcorn when the idea hit me to take a picture for this post. Does anyone recall what happens to popcorn when it hits the mouth? Yeah, I kept shoveling the popcorn in to make it look like bulges in my cheeks and it kept desintegrating which made me shove in more which kept desintegrating and then I'd swallow without thinking and have to start all over. I should have just switched to my stash of granola bars...)

Labels: